Friday 15 January 2010

Everton Preview

Today sees City travel to Everton, in what is widely considered Mancini's toughest game since taking charge almost one month ago.

We are unfortunate to be facing Everton now, as players return from injury, and they put in some resurgent performances, particularly against Arsenal. Goodison Park is a tough place to go on a cold winter afternoon, and i'm sure Moyes will be after a chance to one up City, whom he slated (rather ridiculously in my opinion) over the pursuit of Lescott earlier this season.

Whilst our injury list is thinning, this game comes too soon for Stephen Ireland, Wayne Bridge or new signing Patrick Vieira. With the important game against United coming up on Tuesday, I would expect Bellamy to be rested, with SWP returning to the side. Santa Cruz should also be available. Mancini spoke in his press conference yesterday about the possibility of Robinho playing in this game, but I do not believe he will start. This afternoons game will be a physical battle, and I do not believe its a game in which he would perform.

So here is my guess for the team:

------------Given------------
Zab--Richards--Kompany--Garrido
------De Jong---Barry----------
SWP--------Tevez---------Petrov
------------RSC----------------

I think this will be a tight game, and I can see a score draw. 1-1.

No comments: